I have to admit, I haven’t been super focused with my reading so far today. I wrote for a little bit, helped my mom clean out her room and organize her jewelry … But I have finished two books so far, and I have no plans for the rest of the night except to read, read, read! (Also, I just noticed I’d won a prize during Hour Ten! WHAT! I’ve never won anything during a readathon before. :D)
1. What are you reading right now?
I’ve just finished Judging A Book By Its Lover (which I actually hated, btw. It was way too negative, snobby, and bitterly snarky for this kind of an event. I thought it would be more of a celebration of reading and therefore perfect for a readathon but … not so much. At least it’s over!) I’m planning on starting either The Psychopath Test or The Road Through the Wall next.
I wish I had some YA novels I could breeze through to get my reading momentum back. Maybe something on my Kindle? Do you guys have any recommendations? I really like Rainbow Rowell’s books, for example, and anything in fantasy.
2. How many books have you read so far?
2; I finished The Bird’s Nest and read all of Judging a Book By Its Lover.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
I might try reading Moth And Spark, I think, which was giving to me during the last RedditGifts book exchange. That, or this Shirley Jackson novel The Road Through the Wall.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
Nope, I had a totally free Saturday! (Even though I keep finding distractions for myself.)
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
By succumbing to them entirely. I need to focus!
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
How much reading a dull book can kill your momentum. 😦
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Hmmm, I’m not sure!
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
Definitely pick quicker, snappier, shorter books with more immersive story lines.
9. Are you getting tired yet?
I’m just getting started!
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
Pick quick, interesting books! If a book isn’t holding your attention, TOSS IT OUT! This is about having fun in the world of reading, not slogging through a book just because you feel you have to finish it. Have FUN!