Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon is finally upon us!
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Southwest Florida! The temperature is in the low 90s, and yet we’re all acting like fall is upon us. Because that slight breeze in the air between the bouts of suffocating heat? That’s our crisp October chill.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Several books in my stack are books I’m a third or halfway through, so I’m looking forward to finishing Cuckoo’s Calling, The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland In A Ship Of Her Own Making, and More Than This. I also want to make a dent in Emma; now that Emma Approved (the sequel, or rather next project of the Lizzie Bennet Diaries) has begun, I need to familiarize myself with the story!
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
I’m going to have some homemade salsa at some point today — fresh tomatoes, cilantro, and onion — and while it might be messy with a book (or e-reader) in my other hand, I’m going to love it.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I’m 24 years old, a writer, aspiring author, but today I’m not going to feel guilty for not writing a word, because today is all about READING.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
I’ve participated in two or three other readathons, and I’m definitely going to be more forgiving of myself this time. You don’t have to have your nose pressed into a book the entire time; you’ll only get burnt out! So I’m going to allow for breaks, walks, naps, everything. Also, I’m going to try and do an hour of my reading on my stationary bike — get that exercise in!